You can protect your health by seeing a women’s health physician regularly and by taking initiative for lifestyle changes. It is also important to talk to your Arlington women’s health doctor about preventative care for detecting or eliminating disease before it happens. Some things you will want to do before seeing your women’s health doctor include:
- Write down your family’s medical history. Important things to note are cancers, such as breast or ovarian cancer and any history of heart disease in your family. While many women are concerned with female specific cancers, according to the Mayo Clinic, heart disease, statistically speaking can be more of a health risk.
- Check with your insurance provider to see if they cover preventative healthcare measures
At Arlington Primary Care, we want to make sure that the unique health needs of women are being met. We provide Women’s Health care services, exams, and treatments that will help to maintain optimal health now and for years to come. Every stage of your life is unique and valuable. Keeping your body healthy starts with having an annual checkup, our exams will focus on the following:
- Individual health concerns and needs
- Breast cancer screenings
- Pap smear/screening for cervical cancer
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
- Pregnancy tests
- Family planning, birth control, and sexual health
Many women’s health professionals encourage lifestyle changes to lead a healthy disease free life. Lifestyle changes that you can implement today are:
- Exercise – Getting your body moving is not only beneficial physically, but it can help lower your chance of heart disease. It is recommended that adults get exercise for at least two and half hours per week -this can be broken down to 30 minutes of exercise 5 times a day.
- Healthy Diet – Enjoying healthy foods such as; fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats is key to living a long, healthy life. Talk with your Arlington women’s health professional today to set up a diet for your specific health needs and goals.
- Mental Health – According to the CDC, mental health can have a huge impact on a woman’s overall health. Finding healthy ways to cope with stress and making sure that you are getting at least seven to eight hours of sleep a night will greatly improve your overall health.
Visit Us For Your Women’s Health needs
At Arlington Primary Care Associates, we want to make sure that you are getting the best women’s health care available. We believe that every woman deserves the best health care. For you next annual checkup or if you have any more questions regarding Women’s Health care, don’t hesitate to call us at our office in Arlington today.